View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 12:13 PM   #56
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwemaxxowner View Post
The way that's all worded is very confusing for me. I guess it's intended for folks who already have a little more of a knowledge base on the topic than I do.

This is why it matters to me. The camper I just bought needs tires, the sidewalls are cracking. I knew this up front.

Turns out maybe that was a blessing. I wouldn't have checked probably otherwise, but the current tires are rated at 1820 lbs @ 50 psi. The gvwr of my camper is around 7500 lbs, and is about 5700 dry as it sits. Doesn't take too much fancy math to figure out that the tires are overloaded if I ever have the camper maxed out.

So the tires I'm eyeballing are rated at 2149 lbs @ 65 psi. I guess that's what you're trying to say, fill it to 65, and not 50. Not sure, but unless otherwise informed I'd be running the new tires at 65 psi.
65 psi is the number. Put in new valve stems and insure they are rated for the 65 PSI.

Tires for RV trailers are always fitted to the vehicle certified GAWRs. Look at your trailer's labeling or the vehicle owner's manual for GAWR info.

You will find a lot of trailers having your size tires, built before 2016, to be right at their load capacity. That's the reason to insure the replacements have a minimum of 15% (my recommendation) in load capacity reserves above the trailers vehicle certified GAWRs.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote