View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #13
Pappydude

I too just purchased a new 318SAB and after nearly 7 hrs of frustration trying to get my satellite dish/set up to work, I called Direct TV. They were helpful in setting the dish up by connecting directly from the receiver to the TV but nothing through the Satellite prep connection. They knew nothing about it. So I called the dealer and took the trailer in. They advised that there was nothing wrong with the wiring through the trailer. HOWEVER, in the bedroom is a double connector with a short piece of cable attached to each connector. I was told that the one on the right was for the input from the Sat Prep connection outside. If you're watching on cable or using the antenna the loop is necessary. If you set up your dish, put the receiver in the bedroom and connect to the Sat prep outside - using the connector on the right of the loop will allow you to set up your Satellite system. (The short piece of cable connected to the other side is ok to leave attached on the left side) OK, that worked great. Then I thought: I'll spend most of my time in the living room - will it work there. NOPE, it didn't. If I run a cable from the bedroom to the receiver in the living room, it will work fine. But then I lose the satellite in the bedroom. That makes absolutely NO sense to me. The dealer can't help me. Direct TV can't help me - and apparently Keystone isn't offering much assistance from what I've read here. My solution was to run a seperate input cable from the dish to the receiver in the living room and use the Sat Prep connection for the bedroom. I quickly read here that someone else has done that and added a seperate connection for the living room TV. My thought was to run the extra cable between the flap on the living room tip out and the wall - but perhaps an additional cable connector would be best. I will re-read the information. My two cents worth!!
Pappydude is offline   Reply With Quote