View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #12
Roller4Tan

satellite connection

DirecTV hooked me up as long as I had the dish working. We left AZ for MI and dismantled the dish. Upon our first stop we attempted to use the campground's cable tv. Naturally, it didn't work. I tore into the amplifier and two port plate looking for a clue. I managed to rewire the cabling to get it to work and I think it'll work for the Dish if I ever get it back together. This is what I did. I left the antenna lead hooked to the amplifier as well as the lead coming in from the storage connection. The DirecTV installer had put their splitter into the cable coming in from the outside port. I ran a cable from one side of the splitter to the two port plate and the other to the cable running to the living room TV. The other side of the two port plate runs to the amplifier. So with the short jumper in place, I can get shore cable tv to all sets. To use satellite I disconnect the jumper on the side coming from the DTV splitter and plug in the power insert to the dish which also feeds the bedroom tv. (this is a SWM dish, one cable feeds all) The cable and antenna leads are black and the other feeds are white, so it takes some trial and error to figure out which are which. Once I figured them out I marked them with some permanent pens my wife uses for her crafts. Hope this helps..
Cougar 318SAB
Roller4Tan is offline   Reply With Quote