Thread: "China Bombs"
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 08:39 AM   #51
Tireman9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoking View Post
Tireman9, I still remain confused that ST tires for years got their higher weight ratings based on the 65 MPH speed restriction, and now those speed restrictions have been pushed aside. As a retired tire engineer, can you tell us what changed?

As I have pointed out I can find no clear indication of the inclusion of some "magic" rubber or other feature" that is used exclusively in ST tires that allow them to carry more load than "premium" P and LT type tires.

I have asked a number of times but so far all I get is evasion or "We just made the tires better"

If that is the case then why don't numerous tire companies put this "new" "better" construction feature in their regular tires and increase the laod rating by a few hundred pounds?

While I can accept that it is possible to improve on older ST constructions to improve tire life, I can't get an answer to why don't you make a similar improvement to your line of LT tires?