Thread: "China Bombs"
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 11:12 AM   #13
CWtheMan

[QUOTE=sourdough;326802]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
“Over the years, the Recreational Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation (RVSEF) has weighed tens-of-thousands of motor homes and travel trailers in conjunction with RV events. Of the RVs checked by RVSEF, more than 50 percent had loads that exceeded the capacity of one or more tires on the vehicles. Other surveys have noted that many RV’s have one significantly under inflated tire that is at risk of failure.

I have many doubts about the paragraph in red being any sort of "definitive" information as to the cause of trailer tire failures. Case in point..."RV events"; what kind of RV "events"? RV show where a trailer is towed from a lot and left on the tarmac for a week - then they weigh the tire/check the pressure? That kind of statistic? "Other surveys" have noted underinflation on at least one tire which was at risk of failure?? What kind of surveys? By who? At risk of failure....of what? Obviously those kinds of statements raise more questions for me than answers - although they are something to think about.
That subject is written about almost monthly in various tire news publications. I used the USTMA reference because it’s a new PDF revised when the RMA changed its name to USTMA. They represent the entire tire industry.

Sorry for the board term. Here is the RVSEF web site. They are quite active. I’m surprised you’ve not been to an event where they were weighing RVs. They are quite proficient. They were at Quartzsite the two times we have been there. Once when camping at Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping in upstate MI they were there for a huge motor home rally and were also set-up for fivers/TTs.

https://rvsafety.com/
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote