Thread: "China Bombs"
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 09:46 AM   #9
Ken / Claudia

I have never called any tire a China Bomb. Why, I beleive CW last paragraph about why they fail is true in most cases. Why, while not a tire engineer, #1 I beleive tires and even more so tires on RV are not properly used and maintained. #2 the ST tires are only built to what could be called minimum standards. If they all over built their products to allow for the MOST RV type person who will never maintain the tire as it should. I am talking about load, speed, age, inflation. There of course would still be failures just like in any tire on any vehicle. But, my opinion there would be less problems.
Until all RVers quit thinking that just because the tire has tread on it it's good for the next trip. There will always be blow outs.
I still see on a daily basis many more passenger vehicles with flats and blown tires on the interstate than RVs. Anyone have a answer for that. I know why, but just asking if anyone else can answer.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote