View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 08:31 PM   #75
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
Good ref info on the Federal Regs.

Do wonder what your opinion is regarding the new RVIA tire "reserve load" requirements? Reserve Load, for those not familiar with the term, is the excess load capacity of the subject tire above the actual loading.

RVs made before Nov 8, 2017, were only required by DOT and RVIA to be capable of supporting the GAWR. After Nov 8, RVIA requires RV be capable of supporting 10% more load than the GAWR numbers.
From a tire standpoint, this clearly results in a safety improvement.

My question is. Should owners of RV's made before Nov 8 follow the old requirements or the new, improved requirements? If they follow the new requirements are they doing something wrong?

Tireman, my thought would be that the new "reg" requiring the 10% cushion is, and always should have been, common sense. I, personally, made it a point to buy tires that exceeded both the old requirements and the new. As far as what guideline you should follow....my thought is how much attention do you pay to your towing and safety? If you do, you will have that cushion. If someone follows the new guidelines are they doing something wrong?? Obviously that has got to be a silly question trying to get CW into some conversation. Anyone trying to give themselves a cushion for safety is always doing the right thing. Maybe not so much so for folks that try to draw good, helpful folks into some sort of pointless debate trying to irritate, aggravate and demean their posts as you seem to do. You have only come on recently and seem to constantly go at CW. I don't recall that you've shared anything meaningful to me.....is there a reason for you to be here other than to shadow CW and try to irritate him? Not trying to be a pain, but that is what I see.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote