View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 06:41 AM   #20
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
JRTJH, I don’t know why my last post wouldn’t be clear. Look at the paragraph before the one that you bolded. I know that “foreign” manufacturers assemble some of their vehicles in the USA and Canada. My RAV4 was built here Woodstock, Ontario and my previous Camry was built in Kentucky (I think?).

For me “domestic car” means a car built by GM, Fiat-Chrysler or Ford - the “Big 3” domestic companies. Not only are their cars lesser quality than the Japanese ones I’ve owned but the (Toyota and Nissan) dealers are better too. I found the local Honda dealer to be arrogant.

Please re-read my previous posts. I said its not the country of manufacture that’s the problem, its the company designing and spec’ing the vehicle.

If someone passionately claims that “Made in the USA” automatically means quality that’s very ironic on an RV forum!
This is why I posted my comments about "doublespeak".... If you're still living in the early 1980's, your definition of "domestic cars" is correct. Today, that line is significantly blurred and the definition has dramatically changed. Domestic cars no longer means "built by Ford, GM or Chrysler". It means, "assembled in the US and containing more than 75% US origin parts" BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Kia Motors, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Subaru, Tesla Motors, Toyota Motor Corporation, and Volkswagen are defined as "domestic manufacturers.

If you go back and read my post, I started it with, ""Methinks" there's a bit of "doublespeak" in the bolded part. By "doublespeak" I mean to say "what you consider a domestic car"...." IMHO, your definition of "domestic car" is no longer the accepted meaning.

Sort of like saying "Jets aren't airplanes, airplanes have propellers" That definition might have been correct in the 1940's (when jets were often confused with rocket ships), but not today.... Same with "domestic cars"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote