View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 06:00 AM   #9
Jim W

Hi, I have a 2010, 318SAB Cougar. I could never get the satellite connection port in the service bay to accept any input from a satellite dish. I used an Ohm meter and a very long jumper cable and I came to the conclusion that the signal from the receiver to the satellite dish would not get through due to the Signal booster for the antenna. This will block the signal from the receiver for the satellite system.
I feel the satellite port in the service bay should be labeled cable TV connection. I have used this for the cable wiring in campgrounds that offer cable TV and it works fine.
Now I did add a weather connection for cable for my satellite system. I installed the port in the curb side slide out. I installed the port in the floor of the unit in the same cabinet that the DVD/CD/FM/AM unit is located. I then ran the cable up in the wall and out of the same hole behind the TV. Both of the cable connections antenna and satellite are then routed to the receiver box and then just one cable from the output to the TV. This way I can switch from local channels to the Satellite TV. I do need to turn off the booster signal for the antenna to watch Satellite TV.
Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote