View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 07:51 PM   #174
cookinwitdiesel

Thanks for the help guys. Current Karrier KR35s show 113/108M on them.

The Goodyears are getting installed Thursday, and yes, I am having steel stems put in as well. I already got a TireMinder A1A ready to go on the new stems. I was planning to run the Goodyears at 70-75 PSI, didn't think I would need to max them out at 80? Keep in mind, the axles they are attached to max out at a combined 8800#. The Dexstar rims are rated up to 2860# of load. Here is my spreadsheet I made to track everything (all info pulled either from the tires, the manual, or sticker on the vehicle).

As noted, I will be running a relatively low margin on truck payload. Need to hit a scale once loaded for a realistic camp outing to see what the trailer hitch weight actually is. My stuff in the truck is myself and family (about 350#) and then will likely have:

Generator
5 Gallon Gas Can
Spare 20# Propane Tank
Small compliment of tools (wrenches, tire irons, etc)
My "Tech" bag
Backpack for baby stuff (daughter is 14 months old)

I can't imagine that I will possibly have more than 600# of non-human cargo, plus 350# of us coming out to 950# plus hitch plus trailer tongue weight all needing to be under 2200#. I would think I should be ok but down the road a heavier trailer will change the math.

I have to say, comparing the sticker payload for my VIN to the "specs" online - 300# disappeared that I would rather have available!

Was not going to just abandon the WDH, but curious to see how the weights distribute around. I cannot imagine my trailer getting close to the GVWR which means there should be some room on the trailer axles to carry some more load from the WDH.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capacities.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	259.4 KB
ID:	18816  
(OLD) 2018 Keystone Hideout 28RKS Travel Trailer