View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 10:14 AM   #155
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoking View Post
Maxxis is still a 3 maybe 4 year tire. They dry rot and fail from time to time. Maxxis share never grew that large because they had to be special ordered in most cases.

Availability if the GY Endurance is pretty much universal across the county. Discount tire had them in stock when I junked my brand new Goodrides and sold them on CL.
We as tire users are not privy to the materials used by any particular manufacturer. Cording sizes, basic compounds, tread material densities or even the amount of recycled tire materials used in our “new” tires are all confidential.

When brand “A” says one of their tires is good for 60K miles and brand “B” has one that looks identical to brand “A” but its manufacturer will only say it’s good for 40K miles, there is something different, but both tires list the same construction materials on their sidewalls. (?).

My prediction is the GY Endurance will have a better track record than the GY Marathon. It’s not because I have any means of knowing it’s going to be better because of it’s construction or materials. GY has had super good timing when introducing the Endurance brand. The are going to provide OEM tires to an industry that is making a dramatic change in tire fitments for RV trailers by providing a minimum of 10% load capacities for all Original Equipment tires. The GY Marathons were used when RV trailer manufacturers made it a habit of requiring the OE tires to carry the entire load of an axle’s GAWR.

Sure, the Endurance has higher speed ratings. You’re a stickler about tire testing. You may be shocked when you read the requirements ST tire manufacturer’s used to boost the speed ratings above 65 MPH.

(NOTE: Maxxis ST tires are still at 65 MPH. There is no amount of lobbying they can do to change that short of putting speed letters on the ST tires sidewalls. The government made the China ST manufacturers do that. They cannot do less for that other China.)