View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 08:56 AM   #23
madmaxmutt

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley Cat View Post
I have an endurance tire i bought it in July to replace my first blow-out. You can have it for free as after #2 blow-out even the spare was replaced. Tires and brakes are what manufacturers cheap out on, tires are marginal and brakes are pathetic. Any trailer that needs brakes should have discs and especially once it exceeds 5,000 lbs. Stopping my 22,000 lb unit when descending a steep hill even when attempting to downshift (automatic) puts everyone at risk. My hat is off to those that over build on tires and brakes. My comments are to counter that my Endurance Tires are responsible for the best camping experience I had which is merely an ad for that tire. We can all agree to disagree and still be civil don't take offense.
I think you are mixing apples and watermelons. The OP asked about a 27 foot travel trailer, not a 22,000 lb 5'er. I am not even sure Goodyear makes a Marathon or Endurance properly rated for that beast. They do make them for the OP's trailer.

I will leave the technical portion of your brake statement to the experts, but I don't know of a single 5-8k trailer that comes with discs from the manufacturer. It would be nice, though.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote