View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 04:31 PM   #12
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Dougie View Post
Xrated, Summer of 2016 we bought a 2014 Premier 30REPR that didn't have many miles on the original tires but were date stamped year 13. We wintered in TX and while on a tight fuel stop as I did my walk around, I noticed what I can only explain as extreme deflection of the sidewall of one of the rear tires. Needless to say I drove white knuckled the last 600 miles home, expecting the blowout that thankfully never came. I decided before we headed back to TX this winter that I would invest in Goodyear Endurance tires. They were only available in E rating. Probably over kill for my ultralight but.... When my tire dealer changed the first tire he, as was I, in disbelief in the difference between the Chinese tires and the Goodyear's. It was like comparing paper to steel. As we left for TX this Nov, I had no apprehension or even the slightest concern for tire failure. So yes, I can understand how trailer tires can contribute to the "best trip ever". $600 for great set of tires on a $35000 travel trailer is a no brainier. We went to the SA RV show and I noticed that several brands were offering the Endurance tires as standard equipment. We will be upgrading trailers before our next winter adventure. I can assure you that I will scrap the Chinese tires in favor of Goodyear's. And I totally expect our next time out to be one our best trip ever... again.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

Doug, upgrading tires is ALWAYS a good idea when discussing Chinese blow pops. You say you were at a "tight" fuel stop and noticed extreme deflection in one of your tires. Keep in mind that when you make those "tight" moves to get into a fuel stop you can really twist up the tires on the trailer making them look like the tires/axles etc. are really messed up. The first time I ever saw that I thought something had happened to ruin my tires or suspension. Upon walking around.....and around the trailer I couldn't figure out what the deal was. Pulled out, straightened up and checked again....all good. That was a long time ago on a new trailer and my stomach just went south when I saw that but turned out to be a non issue. Just FYI.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote