View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 04:13 PM   #11
Uncle Dougie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
I'm having trouble believing that a set of trailer tires could turn it into "One of The Best Trips Ever"......unless he has had a history of lots of tire trouble/blowouts on his other trips. Oh well, I guess it helps sell trailer tires.
Xrated, Summer of 2016 we bought a 2014 Premier 30REPR that didn't have many miles on the original tires but were date stamped year 13. We wintered in TX and while on a tight fuel stop as I did my walk around, I noticed what I can only explain as extreme deflection of the sidewall of one of the rear tires. Needless to say I drove white knuckled the last 600 miles home, expecting the blowout that thankfully never came. I decided before we headed back to TX this winter that I would invest in Goodyear Endurance tires. They were only available in E rating. Probably over kill for my ultralight but.... When my tire dealer changed the first tire he, as was I, in disbelief in the difference between the Chinese tires and the Goodyear's. It was like comparing paper to steel. As we left for TX this Nov, I had no apprehension or even the slightest concern for tire failure. So yes, I can understand how trailer tires can contribute to the "best trip ever". $600 for great set of tires on a $35000 travel trailer is a no brainier. We went to the SA RV show and I noticed that several brands were offering the Endurance tires as standard equipment. We will be upgrading trailers before our next winter adventure. I can assure you that I will scrap the Chinese tires in favor of Goodyear's. And I totally expect our next time out to be one our best trip ever... again.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
Uncle Dougie is offline   Reply With Quote