View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 11:40 AM   #14
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
You are correct that the ST have a higher load RATING, personally I don't trust that rating! (It's sort of a brand thing. Some off shore ST tires get above average reviews from around the forums).
I want tires on my 5er that I can treat the same way as the LT tires I run on my TV. Where an accidental curb brush, or driving 70 on the interstate, is going to put them at risk.

On Edit: I am amazed that many think manufactures can build a stronger tire for way less money than a tire rated to carry less for longer and far less blowouts.
A lot of the money difference is in tariffs our government allows the off shore manufacturers to enjoy.

Tire manufacturers are required to list the basic building materials on each tires sidewall. It's basic and will not include sizes or anything other than basic materials such as polyester/nylon. Everything else is confidential. However, every DOT certified tire used on our highways must have a letter of certification on file with the DOT. That letter of certification must include testing results for strength.

This is not a plug, it's fact. The new USA built ST tires do have sidewall scuff protectors and nylon overlays.

On another note. Trident is bringing China tire manufacturing to the USA (NC).