View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 11:58 AM   #50
DMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken / Claudia View Post
I agree with what John and Sourdough mention. Think about this, I have but, do not know of any way to measure it. Your traveling at 60 mph. When the vehicle goes over a bump weight comes off the tire as the vehicle lifts, when the vehicle comes down how much more weight is pressed into that tire as it compresses. Apply that to tires barely able to support the trailer to start with, apply that to thousands of miles and thousands of bumps.
But, bottom line, all tires fail, I know I deal with them on the freeways. Are China made tires junk, maybe. But, you need to know why they fail and few want to find out.
If I told you it was unsafe to drive on freeways due to the many crashes I investigated. Would you stop driving on freeways. Yes there was a crash but, there was also cause, what was the cause. The end result was a fender bent, was it a bad fender that caused it to get bent or was it due to the driver traveling too fast, following too close, etc etc. Sorry I am a investigator, I work hard to learn why xxx happened.
Ken, Many good points here and tires do fail from cumulative stresses over time. The infrastructure in this country is not in really great shape overall, this could be some of my trouble that I have been experiencing. RV's are the only vehicles that are at or near 100% capacity 100% of the time! What I will say about finding out the root cause of failure unless it is really obvious like road hazzard damage, it would be pretty hard to get from anyone but a product engineer. Unfortunately you won't find one at a tire shop on most days...

2013 Raptor 300 MP, MORryde 8K IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 940 watt solar system, 630 ah battery bank, Magnum 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter/charger, ME-ARC, ME-AGS, ME-BMK.

2005 Freightliner Century Class S/T, 14L 60 Series Detroit, 10 spd Ultrashift, w/3.73, Trailer Saver TSLB 3 bag hitch.
DMK is offline   Reply With Quote