View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 09:31 AM   #34
DMK

Just an update since my first blowout almost a year ago with the Carlise Radial Trail HD's: After returning from the SW last winter I decided I had better get a little more safety margin and after discussing my options at Discount Tire, opted to go to an F rated 235 85/R16 since clearance wasn't an issue less than .5" in total diameter difference. Since the size changed I bought 5 Carlisle Radial Trail HD F rated this was April 28, 2017 all DOT #'s put these tires as manufactured in FEB 2017. By October 1 all 5 had been replaced. 2 failed on the highway in July (This time I was ready having recently purchased an Ezee TPMS I was able to get pulled over before they blew completely saving lots of $$ on my trailer!), one was replaced upon further inspection at Discount Tire in September, after that they decided to replace the remaining for good measure. Now I'm contemplating uprading wheels and tires to go with an H rated commercial 17.5" tire, while I'm at it even thinking about upgrading to a MORrhyde 8K IS suspension with disc brakes. Like I've said before I am meticulous on checking cold inflation every travel day and keeping my speed to 65 mph or less. No longer Impressed with these tires... lots of $$ I know, but I've already made a lot of improvements on this rig including my solar system so whats a little more $$ to have some real saftey margin...

2013 Raptor 300 MP, MORryde 8K IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 940 watt solar system, 630 ah battery bank, Magnum 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter/charger, ME-ARC, ME-AGS, ME-BMK.

2005 Freightliner Century Class S/T, 14L 60 Series Detroit, 10 spd Ultrashift, w/3.73, Trailer Saver TSLB 3 bag hitch.
DMK is offline   Reply With Quote