View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 08:55 AM   #28
JRTJH
Site Team

No, they are not the "same" as Trailer King ST tires. Sterling Sport ST is a brand of tire (made in China) that is distributed by Lionshead Specialty Tire and Wheel, LLC, a Goshen, Indiana business. The BBB has two "comments" about the company, one positive and one negative. So, there's not a lot of information about the tire distributor.

Knowing the little that I do about how Keystone buys components, they buy in large quantities from the lowest bidder and buy as much as they can at the lowest price. So, if Sterling Sport ST tires are cheaper than Trailer King ST tires, you can pretty much be assured that Keystone will install what is least expensive component that meets their requirements. If that tells me anything, it's that the tires cost less than Trailer King and I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for"..... Buyer beware ????? Seems like it to me.....

I could be completely wrong, but I'd be very cautious with an "off brand" ST tire manufactured in China, distributed by a "small local distributor" that's located "next door to the Keystone factory......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote