View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 06:28 AM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

If your trailer has a "two part" system, one part is the circuit breakers and the DC fuses with a "stand alone converter" then the fuses will be on the converter adjacent to the DC power connections as seen in these pictures. If your trailer has a "one part" system, then the converter is physically installed on the back of the power panel and the reverse polarity fuses are located adjacent to the vertical DC fuse panel (but not a part of that vertical stack of fuses) as I said in my first post. You can see the reverse polarity fuses on that type in these pictures as well.

Most 30 amp trailers use the "one part" system and most 50 amp trailers use the "two part" system. That said, both kinds are available in 30 and 50 amp service, so there are always exceptions to the rule.....

GOOD LUCK !!!!

ADDED: If your trailer has a "two part" system, your power distribution panel will look something like the bottom picture with the DC fuses "vertical" (no reverse polarity fuses on this unit) and the AC circuit breakers along the top in a horizontal row. (I hope this helps make it clearer where to look for the reverse polarity fuses)...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WFCO CONVERTER 9800.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	12269   Click image for larger version

Name:	WFCO-FusePanel.jpg
Views:	1242
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	12270   Click image for larger version

Name:	WFCO DISTRIBUTION PANEL.jpg
Views:	381