View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 12:11 PM   #40
Drydays

Balance or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhhhhh View Post
Just bought a 2012 Fuzion 405. Flew from Colorado Springs to Ft. Irwin to look at it before the purchase. Seller put on two new tires a week before I showed up and I decided to replace the other 4 to be safe for the 1000 mile trip back to Colorado Springs.

I asked the Firestone guy to mount and balance the 4 tires we took off the trailer to bring him and didn't notice until we had them all back on that there were no weights on them. Called the guy back and he said they never balance trailer tires. This didn't sound right to me so wanted to post here for opinions.

I had to fly back out early the next morning and the transporter is showing up Monday to haul it off. I didn't have any time to find another place to have them balanced.

I am a bit concerned that this is not a good situation for a 1000 mile trip.
I have done so many miles,,, and seen un balanced bounce all the time. I guess they love the feel of that vibration as a constant reminder that they are pulling a trailer.
My self, every tire that goes on any trailer I pull will/shall have tires balanced. A smoother ride, better wear on the treads and longer tire life. A non balanced trailer is like a guy who likes drinking a lite beer,, he doesn't like the taste of beer , he just likes going to the pot. As his tires will faster.
Thats' all.
C
Drydays is offline   Reply With Quote