View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 03:40 PM   #19
buzzcop63

Re: Power King tires that worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Buzzcop, good on ya, mate, for your odd fortune. But I sincerely hope you aren't here to push others in the direction you're headed. Dozens and dozens of members on this forum and others have given horror stories galore concerning your tire brand. Two proverbs come to mind. "A word to the wise is sufficient" and of course "You can lead a horse to water, but......." Luck to you, my friend.
No push intended!

But it is common that when something fails we complain about it but when something works we generally say nothing. We know that Power King is an OEM tire, how many are out their that have not given any problems and what percent of safety margin did those tires carry for the weight that was put on them? Are our tires failing because the owner has not done his due diligence or are they failing due to the factory putting tires on trailers that are barely able to carry the trailers weight or are cheaply made? Our government DOT rates the tires and allows them into the country so we should assume they are good?

Apples and Oranges, I have had one blowout on a tire, Studebaker Lark pick up overloaded with wet sod on old tires! Started driving when I was 16 now 71, driving sports cars, passenger cars etc, 100,000 miles plus on bikes, many miles spent towing bikes and boats, driving construction trucks and trailers that were overloaded and tires that looked like they were ready to die, had flats due to nails, screws etc but no other blow outs! So why so many on trailers! I personally am sick of driving with the fear in the back of my mind that a tire will let loose on our trailer. We cannot trust that our small sampling of tire uses is going to tell us what tire really works and will the same manufactured tire be the same quality next year and the year after. We are only guessing and that is not good enough!