View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 10:52 AM   #17
JRTJH
Site Team

Re: Power King tires that worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
This might be apples vs oranges, but I've had good service out of the Maxxis 8008 trailer tires. Now, the apples and oranges thing....that has been on a 7 x 16 foot enclosed trailer which is rated at 7000 lbs GVW and I'm usually going down the road at a little over 5k lbs. What are your thoughts on the Maxxis brand for heavier towing? I now have a 9000 lb (empty weight) toy hauler with CCC of almost 4K lbs.
The only two brands of ST tires I'd consider are Carlisle and Maxxis. Any others are "off brands" and subject to significant criticism on this and many other forums. Of course, you'll find the occasional poster who will "swear by" most any brand, but the vast majority will "swear at" those same brands, with the exception of Carlisle and Maxxis. In order or preference, most would suggest that Maxxis is the better tire probably because Carlisle had a "not too good" reputation some years ago, mainly in their bias ply ST tire brands. The new Carlisle Radial Trail HD and Radial Trail RH have, for the most part, come as close to Maxxis M8808's reputation as any tire can get. I'd say, from what I've read, that the two, Carlisle and Maxxis are pretty much equal.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote