View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 08:41 AM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I bought Carlisle RH tires the week before the HD was advertised on the Carlisle website. I was initially going to get tires this spring, contemplated "putting it off" for another year and based on sourdough's posts concerning his tire "explosion", I decided to go ahead and get them. RH tires were all the local dealer had available that the time, so I bought them. Even with a 10% tread life increase, I'll probably never wear out the tread.

Based on my "after removing the Trailer King tires" inspection, I can assuredly say that my decision to get tires NOW was the right move.

Whether the HD or the RH tire is "better" is honestly a "moot/mute point". Regardless of which, new Carlisle tires are an arguable improvement over anything Trailer King offers !!!
I suspect that in the scheme of things the difference in the RH and HD is negligible. When you are replacing tires every 3 years (I hope they last that long) I think that tires that are made reasonably well are all going to be serviceable until the end (I hope). If I was going to try and get 8 years and 50,000 miles then maybe the 10% improvement would mean something, but that won't ever come into play with my trailer.....and neither will a Trailer King
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote