View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 07:57 PM   #35
TandE

This past summer the dw and I went on a 4000 mile trip and some of the nightly stops were not in campgrounds but in rest areas. So I went on crags list looking for a generator to at least run our ac during the hot nights. I was originally looking for a Honda or Yamaha but realized that we hardly ever are without power except for this trip and probably others when we just stay in a rest area so I broadened my search and found a 4000 peak 3500 continuous champion generator.

It is now 8 years old and performed flawlessly the whole trip running the ac all night on one tank. It does have the 30 amp rv plug in it so no adapter needed. Best of all it only cost me 100 bucks. Would I use it in a camping environment with other campers? Probably not unless they were not close to me as it is noticeably louder than a Honda or the likes but for a rest area with semi's running all the time it just blended in.

The only time I might use it in a campground is during the day is for a recharge and not use it at all at night. Since it gets pretty cool at night where we camp windows will suffice.

Travis
TandE is offline   Reply With Quote