View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 02:09 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

I wanted to see what his route was because I wanted to warn him about I20 in Jackson - terrible. The other side of that is that the alternative is to route thru Baton Rouge which I did twice and said never again. Both trips thru Baton Rouge traffic was at a standstill for no apparent reason. The first trip I was staying at a hotel in Baton Rouge and asked the concierge what the deal was. He said that lots and lots of people came into town from New Orleans and that area when Katrina hit and never left, and they haven't done anything to improve the infrastructure.

I20 eastbound in Jackson is just downright terrible. Going west on the return trip it's not so bad.....but not good. I know the bad sections now and just slow down....a lot, and make sure everything is secured before traversing that section. The first time thru it, my new TT's maiden voyage, I lost the sliding bathroom door which tore out a lot of woodwork due to breaking the roller/hangers. It got my attention on that trip.

If you eliminate the upper and lower interstate routes there's not a lot left but rural highways which I don't like to use on a long trip. The OP may want to look into those but some of them are really pretty rough as well.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote