Thread: Cover
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 05:46 PM   #14
dwdlt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
IMHO, the ONLY cover that should be over an RV is one that doesn't touch it when the wind blows. Any billowing or rubbing will eventually cause damage to the RV and/or to the cover. We live in northern Michigan, a place where the winter weather is anything but kind to things stored outside. I tried a cover the first year we were here. The cover was still frozen to the RV in May of the following spring which definitely delayed our March departure. The following year, we contracted for inside storage in an old manufacturing plant about 30 miles from our home and after 2 years, I built a pole barn, dedicated to storage of the RV, boat and motorcycles.

As far as I'm concerned, fabric covers have the potential to cause more harm than good and, I wouldn't cover my RV ever again. For me, it was worth the expense to rent space indoors and fortunately, for us, we found the opportunity to build our own indoor storage facility.
I 100% agree with this! I had a cover on my last trailer, and just by the wind blowing on the cover and it rubbing on the EDPM roof, cause a hole in the roof in just one season.
2022 Cougar 27 SGS
dwdlt is offline   Reply With Quote