View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 02:14 PM   #6
busterbrown

I had noticed the same thing with my Bullet when I ordered it. The dealer had a unit in stock that had a hinged cabinet door under the oven. When I took delivery of mine, it did not. It had a 'false' panel instead. But it was an easy fix.

Trekwood.com offers up replacement doors and panels in the exact color scheme of your coach. Remove the panel face under the stove and measure the opening. Source out a door panel from trekwood that will adequately cover that space. Buy the corresponding cabinet door hardware (including hinges, knob, and catch) from that same website. It'll look better if it all matches.

It took me about 30 minutes to retrofit everything to make it look factory. If your stove is an Atwood, you'll have recovered a good amount of usable space under it. Obviously, Keystone is looking to save a few cents in materials in order to maximize profits. But, removing an otherwise very functional door below the oven is just stupid if you ask me.

Oh, you'll also have a bad taste in your mouth when you see how much trekwood charges for that door panel. Can you say highway robbery!

BTW, my false panel was just stapled in. I used a small flat tip screw driver to remove it and gain access.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote