View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 01:01 PM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaRam View Post
It has a separate vent for the black tank.

I can’t say for certain how long it’s been doing this. I have thought the the tank was filling up too fast but I blew it off as a bad indicator. Maybe it WAS filling up too fast.

After it’s done draining the indicator reads 2/3.
Don't worry about the indicator lights. It's easy to fill the gray tank quickly if you bring your home habits camping. My BIL had issues with gray tank filling up in less than a day. I watched his family and pointed out a few suggestions. Hid DW would do the dishes with the water running constantly for 15-20 min at a time. The kids would wash their hands and let the water run while they played in it for a good 3-5 min. I asked if he let the water run while brushing his teeth and he said he did. These habits don't matter if your in a cg with full hook ups but if you don't have a sewer connection it can accumulate rapidly. Not saying this is what's happening with your issue I just think it's a good conservation measure.
The recommendation on placing a section of clear pipe is a great start. They are very inexpensive and will let you know how well it's draining as well as how successful your blank tank rinse is.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote