View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 02:05 PM   #11
Coyote1969

I've been having the same issues with my Flowjet pump setup as Well. For a year its been running great. However, the last few camping trips running off the batteries the pump has cycled a few times throughout the night and has not shut off. I've checked the complete system and no leaks. The pump does not cycle overnight when hooked up to shore power and not hooked to city water. I should also mention that the pump works great on the Honda
EU2000i generator. The run on is definitely due to low voltage at the pump, confirmed with a volt meter. The two 12 volt, group 24 batteries have been used and charged properly for several years but through testing this week seem to drop off voltage quickly, again confirmed with a volt meter and battery hydrometer. Two cells in one battery not getting above the low end of the fair scale(1200). Unfortunately time to spend money on new batteries :-(

I just picked up a pair of Crown CR235 6 volt batteries yesterday and will be using them for the first time on June 17-19th in Manning Park. After doing some research I've determined with my current battery setup I only have 162 total amp hours available to be used, and that would be with fresh batteries which these are definitely not. The 235 amp hours will be welcome with the new batteries.

I'll update here when I return from the trip to let people know how the new batteries worked.