View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 04:31 PM   #1
cbrhunter

Flojet Water Pump question

Hi Folks, I recently purchased a 2015 Keystone Passport 2920 BH. We took it out on it's maiden voyage this past holiday weekend and I had an issue with the water pump that I wanted to run past you guys and get your feedback.

We arrived Thursday afternoon and got the RV set-up up at our spot (no hook-ups). I have two brand new 24DC that are running in parallel. We ran several lights, the furnance and the stereo for a bit over the course of the afternoon and into the evening (3pm to 9pm or so). That night at some point I heard the water pump kick on although no one was up using the toilet or faucets. The next morning after running some water the pump ran and wouldn't shut off until I killed it the power at the panel. After this happened a couple of times and the duration of the pump running increased I pulled out the Flojet paperwork and looked at the troubleshooting section and under the "Pump Fails to Turn Off After All Fixtures are Closed" I see 'Insufficient voltage to pump (low voltage)'. I checked the batteries with my voltmeter but I honestly don't remember exactly what it was (somewhere around 60% guestimating?) and the panel was reading 2/3rd for the Battery. I fired up the generator and when running on shore power the constant running stopped.

After I got home and was able to put a complete charge on the batteries I put one on the unit, put some water in the tank and ran various faucets and the toilet one at a time. The water ran great and system charged just fine and the pump shut off almost immediately after closing each one.

So here are my questions. It seems that the pump is a bit sensitive to the low voltage condition as it kicked on for what I assume to be the low voltage condition with still a significant amount of power in the batteries. Does this sound right? If so, is there a workaround of sorts - maybe charging the batteries with my deep cycle charger off the generator when it's running to get them back up to a complete charge? By the way no other electrical issues only the pump issue. Sorry for the long winded post but appreciate any help or insight
cbrhunter is offline   Reply With Quote