View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 04:02 AM   #4
slow

It very well may be the door frame to TT wall seal, but I will share what I found when we had a storage compartment leak. It may save you the time and effort of resealing the entire door frame to the body of the TT and not resolving the root issue if the same as mine.

The storage compartment door pivot extrusion at the top of the compartment door is mechanically fastened to the door frame attached to the TT wall. There is no sealant between the pivot extrusion and the frame extrusion. If this interface opens up for any reason, it becomes a water entry path. In our case, water was entering the baggage compartment at this unsealed interface. This was confirmed by pouring water on top of the pivot extrusion (not the door frame interface to TT wall interface) and witnessing the water seeping into the storage compartment. A bead of clear silicone (all I had at the time) along the top of the pivot extrusion at the interface with the door frame (not the door frame to TT wall as has been discussed so far in this post) took care of the problem. I would post a picture, but the TT is now in storage.
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote