Thread: Farmer vision
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 08:13 AM   #12
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Or the entertainment of new campers trying to back their "too long for that site" trailer into position. In most busy campgrounds, there's always a drama, a comedy, an adventure and a documentary available to view, usually within just a few campsites of where you're parked.....

As for watching TV, like you, maybe the news and weather. Watching other stuff, we can do that at home, in a much bigger space with unlimited refrigerator space, QUIET air conditioning, no black tank to deal with and we don't have to tow it home on Sunday..... We go camping/glamping/boondocking to get away, not to bring home and EVERYTHING it has with us. Of course, what's important to one may seem unimportant to others, but I see far too many people sitting inside their trailer with the doors and windows closed, never come out, some with nothing, not even folding chairs, under their awning. They arrive on Friday evening, park, disappear inside, come out Sunday, break camp and go home. For them, I suppose "maximum TV performance and an audiophile sound system is more important than for those who spend their time "under the awning" watching the "campground entertainment channel"...

"Campground entertainment channel"...that's it!

Like you, I've always been amazed at the number of folks that go to the trouble of preparing then hitching up their trailers just to go to a campground and sit inside until it's time to go. Maybe just to get away from home or a change of scenery?

As for the "entertainment channel", it is one of my favorites. The only thing is....as I stand in the doorway, or sit in the chair outside, or just stand outside, watching the person(s) trying to navigate a rig for the first time (or seemingly), an old couple trying to park a 40+' Class A wondering if he is going to take out his wife, picnic table or the tree first all the while chuckling inside...... I have this nagging feeling/recollection of a few places we've lived where an old man would just be standing at his place; front porch, yard, door, looking over the fence (like Wilson in Home Improvement) and staring at me as I worked on a project. I'm thinking "man, that old man is sure nosey" while he's over there chuckling to himself wondering "I wonder what else stupid that kid is going to do" - I gotta watch this..... Am I, or we, becoming THAT old man??!!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote