View Single Post
Old 03-01-2024, 06:18 PM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiTacos2 View Post
The rollers on mine were damaged with a square edge… lesson learned push the window while you crank other wise the flimsy plastic roller will flatten. Had to order a replacement. The perpetual backlog did arrive at my local RV shop. $44 they wanted for it but they remembered me asking since last August so they sold it for $30! Had to drill out rivets. Black rivets were not an easy find retail so I went to HD amd found black button head screw nut and lock washer. Button head on inside bolts on outside to leave clearance room for the arms. The replacement arms are called Kinro Torque Operator amd the size I needed was 7 inches. Knowing the name I now found them on line on www.pellandent.com for $33 plus freight so RV shop treated me well.
Glad you finally got it repaired.... As for "black rivets", I've got an old piece of foam board laying in the back of the pole barn. When I need a specific color screwhead or rivet, I stick 6 or 8 "plain silver ones" into that board, spend about 30 seconds shaking a "rattle can" of the correct color and in about 3 quick passes with the rattle can, I've got what I need and a couple spares. Only takes them about 30 minutes to dry in the sun (or under the heater if it's winter) and no trip to the hardware store needed.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote