View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 10:47 AM   #25
cougarpelt

really I take what ever is thrown at me … I am old enough now that I realize that no matter who you are, what you are, where you came from, who you know, …. when you open your mouth, there will ALWAYS be people who will have to says things that help them remain confident that they know more than you; that they are so much smarter than anyone (which is to say that you are dumber than them). In short, that side with and agree 110% with my x-wife when she walked out 27 year ago.
We ARE different from each other ( if everyone was the same what a boring world that would be). I accept that, and try to let people be the way they want to be without trying to even think that they should be the same as me. The only advice I give is to my sons WHEN THEY ASK (and the never ask anymore). Most people learn get along with each other despite their differences. I can only control my response as I thank them for sharing their differences. I'm not in competition with anyone any more; war (the ultimate competition) took that out of me for the most part. Its OK for everyone to act smarter than me; doesn't hurt me unless I let it; and I let it less and less with every year I live.
cougarpelt is offline   Reply With Quote