View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 01:09 PM   #9
FlyingAroundRV

We bought a 2015 F-250 SRW 2WD Crew cab to tow our Outback 272UFL. GVW for the 272 is #7600 and the 250 tows it without breaking a sweat. It is sweet and stable on the road with a Husky Centerline HD hitch set up by Dan's Hitch in Elkhart IN. Mostly when the semis go past us, we don't even notice any movement from their bow wave.
I did LOTS of research on the Fords. Some Models before 2011 had design flaws, like spitting sparkplugs and diesel engine problems so numerous, they brought a whole new industry into being for "bullt-proofing". The gas engines post 2011 are more reliable.
I didn't do the same kind of research on the Dodges and GMCs. I'm not a fan of Dodge products and when I looked at the Chevys I saw another raft of reliability issues. Things like rusted out brake lines put me right off!
If you're looking at used trucks, have a look through carcomplaints.com and the NHTSA database. The faults listed aren't comprehensive statistics, but you can see recurring issues that you may expect to encounter.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote