View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 07:59 PM   #9
WanderOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
The difference with 2 6 v in series vs 2 12 v in parallel are 12v will charge equally to the limit of the battery with the least capacity, likewise the available amps, is. One with 50 amp hours and one with 100 you have 50 amp hours available. 12 v batteries even deep cycle will not tolerate a total discharge without damage and will only survive a limited amount of discharging below 50% before the battery capacity recharge is reduced. 6 v batteries, especially those designed for golf carts are not as susceptible to these issues. You would need a battery isolator to charge both 6v and 12 v batteries from the same source. Hope this makes sense.
I like the idea of using a battery isolator and having the 12V as a backup. I will put a separate outlet to near TV and entertain area that will come from an Inverter from the pair of 6 volts, that will be for TV, laptop and phone charger. And the House 12V will run LED lights and water pump, heater fan.

Question, Will a battery isolator work with a single 12v on one side and 2 6 volts on another (2 banks - my thought)?

Also yes, I will also carry a Champion 3500w Inverter/Generator Dual Fuel for Air conditioner needs or other.
WanderOne is offline   Reply With Quote