View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 08:06 AM   #52
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Cal,

Take a look at my photo in post #13 of this thread. Not only does that information exist "ON THE WHEEL" but is on every wheel that I've seen. I'd suspect that it's NOT a Keystone requirement since they wouldn't use both 5 lug and 6 lug castings (with different maximum weights) on the same application. So, the information is on the back of every wheel, at least every wheel that I've pulled on trailers from all manufacturers. Granted, I don't have the occasion to work on as many trailers as some, but every trailer, whether it's Jayco, Winnebago, Keystone or Forest River that I've pulled aluminum wheels, there's a weight rating cast into the wheel and on steel wheels, there's a weight rating either stamped onto the back of the wheel hub, or stamped (with a die set) on the inside of the rim, where you'd need to remove the tire to see the stamp.
I already knew what your post #13 said before I posted. I answered the question with the information provided by that specific poster.

In the big picture the OEM providers are not consistent. You have to research each one. Some of them provide information that is targeted for inhouse use by the installers. Other's provide actual specs. That's why, when posting about wheels I always try to add that the only way to get factual information is, ask the wheel manufacturer. Have a look at the web pages for TBC, LionsHead and TBC. They are sort of the big three in providing OEM tires and wheels for our RV trailers. Sendel has a site with all of their trailer wheels depicted. Trailer wheels are not all certified with PSI values. When such wheels are used, the maximum load capacity of the wheel will support whatever PSI is needed for it to support that load.

A side note: The cast aluminum wheels that were OEM (Sendel) on our 2003 Everest (vehicle certified 6000# axles) have a maximum load capacity of 3042# at 80 PSI shown on the inner section of the wheels. Sound familiar? that's the load capacity of LT235/85R16 LRE tires that will not fit our 32" axle spacing. After way over 200,000 miles there're still on that trailer and not leaking. In 2004 & 2005 Keystone reconfigured the axles for those taller tires and they became OEM.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote