Thread: Provider Tires
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 12:41 PM   #16
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Can’t argue with cost. Something is better than nothing. And Harbor freight is my go to place for lots of items.. low prices and decent quality in most cases.

Honestly knowing what I know now my TPMS would have been my first purchase of any extra item for the fifth wheel... it’s amazing even on a 28 degree morning to watch those tire pressures increase 10 psi in the first five minutes of road travel.

They won’t catch most tread separations that are about to occur.. nothing beats a get on your knees and look all around closely at each tire.

Also Harbor Freight has a low cost flexible borescope camara that’s a nice to have.
I agree. Honestly, if I was in Fishsizzle's shoes, saving for a new truck with a built in TPMS and rear view camera option, I wouldn't be spending money on a "temporary system" for my current truck either. Granted, it's a "gamble things won't go bad in the meantime" but paying $250 for a system to use now that's going to sit on the shelf or get sold for $25 at the next garage sale just doesn't make good economic sense... (which brings me to why I shop at Harbor Freight for much of my "goodie stuff") ...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote