Thread: Almost Newbie
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 03:00 PM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

Me again. My apologies ....the vent and the fan are the same animal. We have the Fan-tastic Vent (Model 5000RBT). It is recommended that you do not use the Fan-tastic Vent with just the conventional vent cover that is already installed. Instead, it is highly recommended that you install a Maxx Air Fan Mate ( Model 500/850) over the the existing vent cover. We have both of these installed on top of the Fantastic Fan. This way you can crank the "old" vent cover wide open to allow maximum air intake necessary for the Fantastic Fan to operate most efficiently. You can also travel with the vent "wide open" because it is surrounded and protected by the Air Fan Mate. You can Google the Maxx Air Fan Mate to see better what I am referring to.
Note: The Maxx Air Fan Mate is different from the Maxxair vent cover. It is larger and has an oval-shaped, screened opening.

I doubt very much whether your model (or any model) comes with an internal voltage inverter. A converter is standard equipment in all makes and models.

If you are looking for a "quiet" generator, you will get all sorts of suggestions. You can do a search on this forum --- type in "generator" and you will get numerous hits. Some members have found that some of the "cheaper" brands are reliable and not all that noisy.
Type in "quiet generators" and you may not find any matches! Are you looking for a generator forum or a topic here on this forum?