View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 02:40 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agdodge4x4 View Post
To test prior to leaving I just turned on the gas valve and flipped the water heater switch. It took a few tries but finally fired up. This time tried flipping to the other tank when it became obvious the first was empty and then everything stopped working. Flipped back and forth and nothing. Does the regulator has a “shut down” feature I’m no aware of? This morning it seemed to be allowing gas through. Haven’t refilled tanks or tested other than turning the stove on slightly to listen for a hiss which it did.

So confused.

Just to verify, but when you say "flip" the regulator valve in my mind I just see quickly turning it from one tank to the other. Is that the way it was?

In your sequence of events were both LP tanks on all the time? If so, when "it" was apparently empty, both tanks would have been empty because the regulator would automatically switch to the full tank when the first became empty....if both tank valves were on. If not, and you turned on the 2nd LP tank the "flipped" the regulator from one tank to the other it might have been too quick and it shut itself off. It has to be a s l o w turn from one side to the other.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote