View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 04:39 PM   #1
Agdodge4x4

Gas regulator failed??

I’m on the road...Third trip with our Keystone 212LHS. Everything checked out ok before leaving. Now, no hot water. It sputtered and popped earlier but I’ve noticed my regulator on tank 2 wont indicate “empty” even when the hose is disconnected. On tank 1 it will when I disconnect the hose. Anyway, no matter what, tanks have fuel and none of it is getting to anything. The stove doesn’t hiss when you turn on the gas. Water heater lighter ticks but no start. At this point I suspect the entire line is simply empty. I am not aware of any gas shutoff for this unit other than tanks. Otherwise, regulator is all that can be bad.

A couple of days ago the fridge running on propane tripped on the high limit switch. Highly unusual. Then we swore we smelled gas coming from an otherwise completely trouble free stove. A stove that had never been used. We don’t use it. Ever. Brand new. Anyway all of this now is making it sound like a gas issue.

Am I missing something? Did my regulator on my 3 year old camper just take a crap on my trip?

It’s a Winntec 6020 regulator. Any help is appreciated. I don’t use gas for anything except hot water and family is kinda tired of cold showers. Lol. If this is the problem, I can fix it here on the spot. Also, when I take off the lines from the propane tanks, I can hear and smell propane evacuating out of the part you screw on to the tanks. Seems like that should not be happening at all. Maybe I need to go ahead and top off both tanks and make sure those are good to go and try again.
Agdodge4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote