View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 04:32 PM   #7
ckufehttahw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawildbear View Post
Wish I'd seen this post and forum before I had to figure this all out by myself. Just a couple of suggestions for your guide though.

You list this step, "8. Remove the fresh water supply hose from the inlet side of the water pump and install the antifreeze suction hose. "

In our RV, the water pump is incredibly inaccessible and even if it was easier to get to, having to do this every year (or in the case of this year, we winterized twice) would be a big pain in the butt.

Instead, we installed a water pump converter following the directions in this video:

All we needed was a PEX Plumbing 3 way valve and three hose clamps. We cut the line between the pump and the fresh water tank and inserted the valve in between. We leave a section of clear hose coiled up in the compartment and when we need to winterize, we flip the valve, pink the camper and then flip the valve back.

2nd, in step 12 you say, "12. Using the hand pump, instill an adequate amount of anti-freeze into the city water connection to fill the hose. (Usually about one or two cups) This will allow antifreeze to get to the check valve."

We don't have a hand pump. Instead while the suction hose is in the jug of antifreeze, we go to the city water connection and pry out the little domed washer/screen thingy and then push in the little white button until the pink flies out. Your legs might end up a little winterized as well but that's ok.
Thats what i use on my fifth wheel, but for my new springdale 311 i have zero access to the pump. If i can't get to the line between my pump and tank how should i go about winterizing? I read some people suggesting to put a couple gallons into the fresh water tank and flush the antifreeze through that way, but i really don't want to put antifreeze in my fresh water tank. Also would i still possibly have water trapped in the city hook up line?
ckufehttahw is offline   Reply With Quote