View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 03:38 PM   #1
bsmith0404

Interesting Observations

I was out walking around the lot at our local Camping World today looking at the larger 5th wheels on the lot. They mainly carry Jayco and Big Horn so no Keystone products. I was surprised to see that many of the new Jayco Pinnacles were now sitting on the new Goodyear Endurance tires. The part that really surprised me was that one I was looking at had a GVWR of 17,000 lbs, but was still sitting on LRE tires. A couple had LRG G614s, but that was an upgrade with additional charge.

The Big Horn was another story. Believe it or not, just about every one was sitting on Sailun S637 LRG tires. A closer look showed that they were mounted on 16x6 wheels. I know we've had several discussions on this forum about the need to mount them on 6.5" wheels. I read the sidewall and the only thing I could find about wheel size was a note that they needed to be mounted on 16" not 16.5" wheels and that they must be mounted on wheels capable of carrying heavy loads.

So it seems that some manufacturers are finally starting to switch to better tires. Hopefully they all follow soon and move to a better load range as well.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote