View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 09:03 AM   #5
mpoi

Re: Finally upgrading.

Sourdough, your a great help. Thank you.
The truck came with 6.4 box with 4x4, electric brake and the 4.1 axle ratio. The tires are 18s off-road. I have 8.4 unconnected entertainment system, but probaby wont get the nav. Its a class V hitch.
With all that it mind, I have some questions. Should i replace those off-road tires soon as I plan on camping, or will they be ok till they wear out? My old truck had a class IV hitch and my equalizer was set up by the dealer(they did an excellent job). Can i get an adapter to class V- class IV, or do i need to get a new Equlizer? When you say "extended shank", do you mean a drop down, or just extended? This truck sits much higher then my old one. Iam debating on calling my dealership and having one the techs come and setting up my Equlizer hitch, or doing it myself. You can tell, the hitch is my area of concern between the two trucks. Lastly, Ive noticed on the 2500 Rams, the rear is still coil springs. I didnt think a heavy duty rig would use springs. Should I get airbags for the back again? Is there any fears of sway from rear like the 1/2 tons?
I ended up leaving everything on the old truck for dealer or the next guy to decide if they want to keep them. So he the air bags, brake controller and steps I just put on. Hope someone with TT grabs her up, she was a pretty sweet ride.