View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 08:00 PM   #4
PerryB

I agree that this is almost certainly a poorly repackaged return. Most likely not even repackaged, but just shoved back on the shelf. Had SD done a full parts inventory, proper re-pack and disclosure - and maybe a bit of a discount, this would probably be a non-issue.
Now on the other side of the coin, you seem to be looking for things to be upset about. Are you really so suspicious that you video the opening of all your mail order deliveries? Certainly documenting the issue upon discovery would be in order but filming the entire process seems unusual to say the least.
In your post you use the term "expected" denial. Then you toss out that little nugget about them knowingly participating in interstate fraud. Do you have any tangible proof ? I think you called them with a big fat chip on your shoulder and made the guy mad so he hung up on you. If you go into a situation with a bad attitude, your likely to encounter the same in your respondents. What I would have done is inventory the kit before having a conniption. If all the hardware were present I would just keep the thing, install it, and get on with life. The scratched brackets would not be an issue for me. You're going to scratch them putting them in. The crud on the air chambers is normal, I think its some type of protective coating and all mine have come with it. If I REALLY felt slighted I would call call SD and politely discuss a reasonable rebate for the non-virgin shipment. This would entail a LOT less effort, time and unpleasantness than the nonsense you chose to partake in.
I've bought 3 airbag kits from SD over the years and they have always been friendly and helpful. I once damaged an air fill fitting upon installation and when I called to purchase a replacement they sent me a pair at no cost. I think you handled the situation poorly.

P.S. -- Why did you feel it necessary to preface the situation with your health history ?