View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 11:06 AM   #4
Ken / Claudia

My opinion, since we all have them is #2 post sums it up. My experince at checking vehicle weights, (hundreads or more) is that left/right, front /back on many vehicles is different. Back to opinion, mine is that the RV trailers axles are so close to each other we may never know if a single tire failure is due to over weight of a single tire unless the trailer was loaded to over max. wt. on a single tire on purpose. What I and other troopers did hear was common at the roadside flat tire. The driver would say that earlier the other tire went flat or blew. Now why the other failed, could be tires wore out, over heated, over max. weight, axles bent etc. We never got to study the whys of the failures except for afew deaths caused by the crash after a tire failure. Those, the ones I was involved with were really old tries that were wore out but, still had tread. Remember tires wear out by age not just tread life.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote