View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 01:26 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

With slide-out on todays trailers it is very common to have the slide-out side to be heavier, side kitchens also tend to create an unbalance. If you inflate your tires for the max axle load there should not be a problem as long as you are not pushing the limits. If you did weigh each tire you would still use same inflation for both tires on that axle at the recommended psi or higher for the heaviest wheel. I my opinion this is why I keep all trailer tires at max inflation and avoid overloading . This applies to all OEM tires and axles since manufacturers seem to use the bare minimum necessary. If you have a 6000lb trailer with four E or G rated tires my theory goes out the window since you already have a big safety margin to play with. Play it safe and go for the best safety margin you can achieve with what you have, if it is not there you must lighten the trailer or balance the load better. JMHO, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote