View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 09:02 PM   #7
CWtheMan

Actually I’m a tire regulations & tire specifications researcher, specializing in RV trailer tire Original Equipment (OE) fitment and replacement tire selections.

My experience in the tire industry could be best described as hands-on or technical. I’ve also done some technical training as an instructor for military aviation tires. However, The rules I worked under there were almost entirely from the Naval Aviation Maintenance Program.

My forum posts are safety oriented. Our National Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) bends over backwards to present the safest procedures to follow. From tire selection by the vehicle manufacturer to replacement tire selection by the individual vehicle owner.

In the motorized vehicle community the overall selection process is almost entirely in the hands of the retailer. When it comes to replacement tires, the regulations for RV trailer tire fitment are not the same. Many RV trailer owners are not familiar with the differences and become very argumentative when confronted with regulations they are not familiar with.

The most common mistake consumers make when searching for replacement tires is to disregard safety warnings/regulations.

When NHTSA safety warnings and tire industry standards are 100% under the same blanket, consumers must consider that decisions to step out from under that blanket as being unsafe.

CW
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote