View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 09:44 PM   #24
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by flanagan View Post
I honestly thank you. this is the type of reply I appreciate! I am novice to this, consider myself humble and open to advice.

The trailer in reality weighs less then stated online and even though it is a far trip I don’t plan on loading it to the tits. I’ll be using a curt trutrack weight distribution and sway control system (which yes I am aware adds some weight) but will still be the lesser of two evils imo.

Believe you me if it is unsafe I will not put my family in there but I do believe it can be done safely and comfortably.
Regardless of make, model, or size of rv any/all published/advertised weights will be much lighter than real world numbers. Typically all published numbers were arrived from rv empty weights which you will never tow it at the dry weight. The dry weight was as it rolled out the factory door, no batteries, no propane, most likely no spare tire, all this was added by the dealer. In your case with a family of four loaded for an extended trip you'll be at or very near the GVWR of that rv, figuring any less weight will only give a false sense of security.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote