View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 02:08 PM   #11
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tow/Haul View Post
You'll find some interesting reading on covers and EPDM roof material if you look a little. Quite a few folks have removed their covers only to find that the cover had worn through the edges of the roof where it rolls down onto the side of the camper. Wind will cause the cover to flap slightly and that will quickly wear through the roof membrane. Unless you can secure it to where you are positive that it will not flap at any point, I would not use a cover.
I have to agree with that. I have a cover from my old trailer that should fit my present Cougar but I won't use it. After ten years out in the weather I applied a two stage rubber roof coating ..... came out better and whiter than new. ..... decided to cover it to keep it that way .... bought a good cover and almost killed myself putting it on but the trailer was going to be like new in the spring. The cover was secured tightly and properly BUT when I took it off There was paint worn off the metal siding and holes worn in six places on the roof edges. I repaired the roof and never put the cover back on. Two years later I traded that trailer in with the roof still looking new and the paint still worn. I got a little long winded here but to put it in one sentence. "If you are in a windy area, PLEASE .... in my opinion .... don't use a cover." Enjoy your new trailer and remember, it is made to be outside, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote